Chat Let's Talk: Click To Chat Call Now: 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-609-2774 Email We'll Call You: Contact Us

Deadly Consequences of Doing Shrooms

Contrary to popular belief, magic mushrooms are not safe to consume, especially in the following cases.

Although most people believe that doing magic mushrooms or shrooms, is relatively safe. It can be deadly. A magic mushroom is a mushroom that contains large amounts of psilocybin, a common hallucinogen. They were used safely for hundreds of years by ancient cultures but there are some things that you should know about them before taking them. The number one thing to realize is that they can actually kill you. There are several ways that they can kill you that you would not ordinarily expect.

The Wrong Kind of Mushroom

This is a very common way people die from magic mushrooms. Choosing the wrong kind of mushroom has very dangerous consequences. There are thousands of poisonous mushrooms, including ones that contain psilocybin. Among these only a few contain the correct amount of psilocybin and will not kill under most circumstances.

Knowing the right kind of mushrooms to pick is difficult if you get them yourself. Many people think they know, only to pick the wrong ones under the cover of darkness and wind up poisoning themselves. In addition, when purchasing mushrooms from someone else it is impossible to tell if they are the right kind once they are dried and bagged.

Mixing Mushrooms with Other Drugs

Doing Shrooms

Mixing psychedelic mushrooms with other drugs can lead to disorientation and a lack of coordination.

Although not deadly the right kind of mushrooms rapidly become deadly when mixed with other drugs. Certain combinations of prescription drugs and mushrooms produce unexpected results. Deadly consequences are seen when people mix certain heart and respiratory medications with magic mushrooms.

The combination of alcohol and mushrooms is also a bad idea. The lack of coordination and disorientation combined with the overconfidence that some people experience when taking mushrooms can lead to deadly consequences, especially if they get behind the wheel of a car or engage in another dangerous activity.

Using Alone

Using any hallucinogens alone is dangerous, because of the dangers associated with psilocybin mushrooms such as nausea, vomiting, and possibly poisoning, being alone while using psilocybin mushrooms may be deadly. There would be no one to assist you in the event you choke on vomit or find yourself poisoned by them.

Not using magic mushrooms alone or not using them at all easily circumvents these dangers. Most people who use them alone do so because they are addicted or because they are trying to hide the fact that they are using them.

Mold on Mushrooms

Improperly dried, harvested, or otherwise damaged mushrooms of any kind rapidly grow mold. The black, green, or yellow mold that grows on them may make you extremely ill. If you ingest this mold, the resulting bacterial poisoning can kill you, particularly if you do not seek treatment for it. Many people refuse to go to the doctor after taking an illegal drug simply because they do not want to admit their drug use.

Time is Running Out: Consider These Treatment Options Instead of Using Shrooms

Addiction to Mushrooms

Although many people claim that magic mushrooms are not physically addictive, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, they are psychologically addictive. This means you can develop an addiction to them that is much harder to break. If you need help with an addiction to mushrooms or any other psychedelic, we can help. Call us at 1-800-895-1695, we will help you find the treatment center you need.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.