According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, many of the synthetic drugs available on the market today are extremely dangerous and hold no value to the public. There are many reasons to avoid these drugs whenever possible.
1. Synthetics Rarely Duplicate the Effects of the Drug
Synthetics are often touted as a duplicate of the traditional psychedelic. The truth is that they rarely have the same effects as the traditional drug.
2. Although Many are Legal, this is Usually a Technicality
Many of these synthetic psychedelics slip through the cracks when it comes to law. Since nice chemical compounds are made daily it is difficult to keep up with making them illegal as they harm people.
3. Their Legal Status Makes People Think they are Safe
Some synthetics are still legal. Their legal status makes people think they are safe to use when in reality they often are not.
4. Many of them are Untested on Humans
Many of these new chemical compounds have never gone through animal or human testing. Their short term and lasting effects remain unknown.
5. Many are Not Approved by the FDA
The FDA or any other agency does not test them so their claims have never been verified through any scientific process.
6. Some of These Drugs were Not Studied Correctly
When a drug is not controlled by the FDA, they have not been tested by any agency. Their effects remain unknown.
7. Most Synthetics have Severe Side Effects
Without testing, these drugs do not have the warnings that they need for the side effects and reactions they cause. When you take them you take a risk.
8. Many are Responsible for Violent Behavior
Many of the newer synthetic psychedelics (K2 and Spice) are responsible for violent deaths. Some of the most recent ones have been due to the synthetic psychedelic class of synthetic marijuana.
9. They are Often Mistaken for their Counterparts
Some unscrupulous people try to pass these drugs off as their traditional and more well known counterparts.
10. They are often Impure and Contain a Variety of Dangerous Drugs
Since the FDA does not regulate these drugs. They are often combined with poisonous chemicals and agents.
11. Most Synthetics are Rapidly Being Made Illegal
The FDA and DEA are currently working together to make the dangerous synthetic psychedelics illegal. Different enforcement agencies are already cracking down on many of these synthetics.
12. They are Advertised as Safe
Unfortunately, on websites and other media these synthetics are still advertised as safe for human consumption.
13. Some Synthetic Psychedelics are Known to Cause Psychosis
Synthetic psychedelics cause psychosis. This fact is proven through a variety of reports of people using them and having psychotic breaks, including one soldier that took bath salts and died as a result.
14. Many Synthetics Contain Addictive Chemicals
Traditional psychedelics are no normally physically addictive. Manufacturers of synthetic psychedelics often combine them with physically addictive drugs in order to make them more appealing.
15. Most People who Use Synthetics Wind Up Needing Addiction Treatment
If you find that you need synthetic psychedelic addiction treatment, there is help available. For more information call 1-800-895-1695.