Women have specific needs when it comes to addiction treatment, and hallucinogen rehab is no exception. If you or someone you know is suffering from addiction to a hallucinogenic drug, seek treatment now by calling 800-609-2774. We will help you find a safe, reliable rehab center that will cater to your needs.
Women and Their Unique Needs for Treatment
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “Gender-related drug abuse treatment should attend not only to biological differences but also to social and environmental factors, all of which can influence” many aspects of the recovery process.
Some of the unique needs of female patients in recovery for addiction (and specifically hallucinogen abuse) include:
- The common issue among female addicts of sexual or physical trauma and a resulting case of PTSD that has gone untreated, which many women use extreme substances like hallucinogens to attempt to self-medicate
- The concern of financial independence and the fact that many female addicts do not have it from their spouses or other individuals who, in some cases, may not be helpful or encouraging when it comes to their recovery
- The fact that pregnancy and childcare often need to be taken into account for female patients
- The risk of developing anxiety disorders as the result of marijuana and other types of psychedelic drug abuse, which is higher in women than men (NIDA)
- The fact that women have a tendency to develop addictions to psychedelic drugs more quickly than men
Because of these specific concerns for female patients, as well as concerns for individual patients, it is important that treatment is available and appropriate to a woman’s needs and that these needs are taken into account by every rehab program offering hallucinogenic abuse treatment and support to women.
Treating Hallucinogen Addiction in Women
There are different ways that rehab centers take these needs into consideration and ensure that female patients are able to get the care they require.
- Rehab centers, especially residential and inpatient programs, often offer simultaneous treatment for addiction and comorbid mental disorders, which are especially common among female hallucinogen abusers.
- Many rehab programs allow patients to pay for a large part of their treatment costs with their insurance plans, but women who do not have this option may be able to finance treatment so their monetary issues will not keep them from receiving the care they need when they need it.
- Pregnant women are often treated with specific care for both the mother and the fetus in mind, and many rehab programs offer childcare for women with young children.
When all of a particular patient’s needs are taken into account, especially those that tend to predominate in her gender, a rehab center can truly provide well-rounded care that will allow her to recover in the safest way possible.
Do You Need Help for Hallucinogen Abuse?
If you or a loved one is suffering from hallucinogen abuse or addiction, call 800-609-2774 today to find a rehab program that will allow you to make a beneficial change in your life and put an end to your substance abuse.